GR.pm Meeting/Presentation this Friday!

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 01:22:38 CDT 2000

Paul Tjapkes will be giving a presentation on Globals and Locals and
Lexicals (oh my!).  From what I've heard from Paul, I'm sure his
presentation will have something to offer to beginners and experienced
Perl programmers alike.  For example, do you know what "dynamically
scoped" variables are?  If so, can you think of any good reasons to use
them?  Do you grok typeglobs?

Paul will reveal all during this engaging journey to the bowels of Perl
symbol tables and lexical scratchpads!

We haven't finalized the meeting place, but it'll probably be at
Priority Health.  Meeting place and agenda will be announced soon.

Oh, and please plan to return your books on loan from the GR.pm lending
library.

+Joel

=====
only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was composed of ten a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four g's, thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five n's, twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven t's, ten u's, eight v's, eight w's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas, twenty-three apostrophes, seven hyphens and, last but not least, a single !