[Fredericton-pm] Atlantic Canada's only bastion of perl?

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:06:26 PDT 2013

Heya!

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Joshua B. <joshua at bearsend.ca> wrote:

> Well since I have at least 2 (if not 3) people listening, let me skip
> directly to my real purpose in joining the list,
>
> Does anyone know of some active perl programmers, initiates, guru's in
> Halifax?

Oddly enough, even though I "run" the list, I was not receiving any
messages. So, sorry for not responding to anything.

As Nick previously mentioned, this has never really be an "active" group.
Perl has never been terribly popular in our region, but I wanted to do
something to represent, if you will. Since changing jobs last summer, I
don't do much perl anymore on a day-to-day basis, though it's still my
go-to language for more personal projects.

As far as Halifax is concerned, only one person comes to mind: Mike Doherty
(https://github.com/doherty & https://twitter.com/mikedoherty_ca &
https://metacpan.org/author/DOHERTY) -- I would start there.

Cheers,

--