APM: intro and regrets

Art Hostmark ahostmark at merlin.photonet.com
Wed Mar 20 05:52:03 CST 2002

Duncan,

Possible, in a way that implies that you are going to try to have a
specific program each month or am I just confusing the issue?  But to
answer your question, yes that would be a good way of making the group
more available to the community.

Another idea would be to post a summary of what was discussed at the
meeting on the list so that those who couldn't attend have a chance to
hear a little about what they missed.  Maybe even motivate them to make
time for the next meeting.

The last group I attended was a pretty loose group that had irregular
meetings and everybody was free to bring in printouts and ask for help,
or bring up questions about a given feature of perl.  Very rarely did we
have an actual presentation by anybody.  Amazingly enough it grew from a
Linux User Group that had no formal anything, (officers, membership,
budget) but had a formal presentation each month.

How many people are on the list now?

Well have a good time on Thursday,

Art

--
 <<<Plaigarized from the Net>>>
 I started out with nothing...I still have most of it.