Akueze

wy ly wy_ly2003 at asiaapacific.com
Wed Dec 10 22:09:18 CST 2003

FROM THE DESK OF Dr.Richard Akueze
 Lagos Nigeria
 I am Dr.Richard Akueze a member of the Presidential
 Payment Verification Committee (PPVC) of the Federal
 Government Of Nigeria, West Africa and also a
 Director of Project Implementation with the NNPC. I
am
 presently on assignment  with my colleagues in
ministry of finance and presidency
 carrying out routine verification of contractual
claims on behalf
 of the NNPC I apologized for using this medium to
reach you for
 a transaction/business of this magnitude, but this is
 due to Confidentiality and prompt access reposed on
 this medium. In unfolding this proposal, I want to
count on you,
 as a respected and honest person to handle this
 transaction with sincerity, trust and
confidentiality.
 I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation
 with you in the process of actualising our dreams
 described hereunder. For the benefit of all parties
 and hope you will keep it in confidence because of
 the nature of this transaction within the NNPC and
 Ministry of Finance(FMF), where I work as Director of
Project
 Implementation. With the cooperation of four other
top officials, we
 have in our possession overdue payment bills which
 we are presently verifying, to the tune of Twenty Six
 Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars
 (US$26,500,000.) which we want to transfer abroad
 with the assistance and cooperation of a foreign
 company/individual to receive the said fund on our
 behalf or a reliable foreign non-company account to
 receive such funds.
 More so, we are handicapped in the circumstances, as
 the Civil Service Code of Conduct does not allow us
 to operate offshore account hence your importance in
 the whole transaction.
 This amount $26.5m represents the balance of the
 total contract value executed on behalf of the
Nigerian
 Nat ional Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by a foreign
 contracting firm, which we the officials
over-invoiced
 deliberately in the course of our verification
 exercise. Though the actual contract cost have been
 paid to the original contractor, leaving the balance
 in the tune of the said amount which we have in
 principle gotten approval to remit by
 Telegraphic Transfer (T.T) to any foreign bank
 account you will provide by filing in an application
 to NNPC and the Ministry of Finance for the transfer
 of Rights and Privileges to the contractual sum to
 you/your account.
 I have the authority of my partners involved to
 propose that should you be willing to assist us in
 the transaction, your share of the sum would be 30%
of
 the $26.5million, 60% for us and 10% for taxation and
 miscellaneous expenses. The business itself is 100%
 safe, on your part provided you treat it with utmost
 secrecy and confidentiality.
 Your area of specialization is not a hindrance to
 the successful execution of this transaction.
 I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that
 you would not disappoint me.
 should you be interested or not in this transaction,
 please notify me .  If not, it would enable me time
to scout for another
 credible foreign partner of note to help carry on
this transaction
 I assure you that my partners and I are in a position
to make the payment of this claim possible provided
you can give us a very strong assurance and
 guarantee that our share would be secured and please
always
 remember to treat this matter with the utmost
 confidentiality, as any form of exposure would
 compromise our positions in this government, being
 active Government Civil Servants.
 Once again, remember time is of great essence in
 this transaction.
 I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.
 Yours faithfully,
 Dr.Richard Akueze