[Edinburgh-pm] tour #3.1, #4 & #5 ... St Andrews A-Hoy!

Edwin Brady edwin.brady at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 08:10:32 PST 2014

On 28 Jan 2014, at 14:43, Aaron Crane <perl at aaroncrane.co.uk> wrote:

> Murray <perl at minty.org> wrote:
>> Thur 30th January : Heretics.  I gather Miles is busy, so begging his
>> forgiveness, the suggestion is:
>>
>>    http://www.tilesbar.co.uk/ (as suggested by Andrew)
>>    The south-east corner of St Andrew's Square, just off Princes Street.
>>
>>    I've reserved a table from ~18:30 in my name.  They serve food.
>
> Hurrah! Heretical beer is nearly upon us!

I should be there!

>> Venue TBD.  I believe the local train station is Leuchars.
>
> Edwin, any suggestions for a venue? And/or thoughts on travel arrangements?

I expect I'll be around that week. The Central does very good beer (it's current Fife CAMRA pub of the year) and, well, edible food :). I don't think we can book a table though and it does tend to get busy. This is unlikely to be a problem if you arrive early enough.

Best to get the train to Leuchars and the bus from there. The buses don't run so often in the evening but if there's enough of you sharing a taxi it might not be too excessive (it's around £15, bus is £4.95 return for comparison).

Edwin.