[Edinburgh-pm] Code cleanup

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 07:44:56 PST 2012

On 06/03/12 11:51, Aaron Crane wrote:
> For me, the performance and memory-use benefits mentioned there are
> pleasant, but not really a big deal.  However, the "it just works with
> no setup" aspect is lovely, and I think it's therefore a much better
> recommendation for the newcomer Miles is trying to help here.

Yep - being able to say "run curl $url | perl -" as an installation step
clinches the deal. Hurrah!

You may be interested to learn that as well as being 66% shorter than
the original, the program is also around 240x faster :-) I, on the other
hand, am especially delighted to discover that the asshole who told the
OP to delete it outright was *completely, entirely wrong* about the
source of the script's performance problems.

Miles