[Edinburgh-pm] CRUD frameworks

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:12:14 PST 2010

On 18 February 2010 10:48, Miles Gould <miles at assyrian.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> At the risk of being dangerously on-topic, what's the preferred way of
> writing simple web apps in Perl these days? I become CFT-enabled on
> Tuesday, and thought it might be fun to catch up on Modern Perl,
> enhance my coding portfolio, all that good stuff.

Catalyst is probably the answer (best mindshare, proven, active development).

If you want something lightweight yet trendy, Dancer perhaps?  (I
think it has Plack backends and all that good stuff).

Another option could be mst's Web::Simple, though I'm not sure if
anyone is seriously using it in production, it has some clever stuff
like

    sub (/page/**/edit) { ... }

(without using Devel::Declare or any crazy parsing shit, i.e. in Pure
Perl.  Very clever :-)

osfameron