[Edinburgh-pm] Toga! Toga! Toga!

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Mon Sep 21 07:16:30 PDT 2009

It's now just over a year since Ciorstaidh and I moved into our flat,
and just under a year since I submitted my *&%$#: thesis [1]. In honour
of these, and because I've never been to one, we are holding a

TOGA PARTY

at our flat, 6/14 Academy Street, from 2010 [2] onwards THIS FRIDAY, the
25th September 2009. The buzzer's broken: ring 07813 917746 for
admission.

Togas are optional, but encouraged. Points will be awarded for
historical accuracy, and points mean booze.

See you there!

Miles

[1] Perl geeks: what does that string of symbols evaluate to? And why?
[2] As any fule kno, 2010 was the start of the second watch, and thus
considered by the Romans to be sacred to Heliogabalus, the god of
beleaguered graduate students.

--
There are four ways to defeat your opponent: break his sword, break his
technique, break his spirit, or come at him in the shower with a crowbar.