[Edinburgh-pm] [Fwd: Fwd: Proofs are Programs: 19th Century Logic and 21st Century Computing on the 16th March]

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 12:17:03 PDT 2009

Miles Gould writes:
> Looks intriguing! But what kind of level will the talk be pitched
> at?  Can I bring non-techie friends, or will he stride in, turn to
> the blackboard, and say "Let L be a first-order language recursively
> defined over an alphabet Phi. Recall Yoneda's Lemma..."?

I've been to a few Cafe Scientifique lectures before, and none of them
have assumed any advanced knowledge of the field.  Some of them are
probably accessible to secondary-school students, given a suitable
topic and speaker.

Anyway, I'm planning to go along if I have time.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/