[Edinburgh-pm] Emergency Parrot

Murray perl at minty.org
Thu Feb 26 06:09:23 PST 2009

Dear Social Heretics,

I hear voices in my head saying Parrot 1.0 may hit ~17th March 2009.

This strikes me as cause for an emergency social (parrot hitting 1.0,
not the voices in my head) and further perhaps worth extending the
invite to all the other locals who deal in languages that Parrot claims
to host [1]

Further, I would like to propose the following as a venue for said
social:

http://www.cumberlandbar.co.uk/

It serves food, has oodles of space, and is reasonably central.  And
also has some decent real ales.

Murray.

[1] http://www.parrot.org/ : including, but I believe not limited to
Tcl, Javascript, Ruby, Lua, Scheme, PHP, Python, Perl 6, APL, and a .NET