[Edinburgh-pm] Language Discussion & Perl 5.10

asmith9983 at gmail.com asmith9983 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:37:40 PST 2007

Last meeting Nick,Wim and I  were talking about features in Perl 5.10, such as
closures, continuations, and Haskell.

5.10 is now released.

Would there be any interest by those edinburgh Perl-mongers who are not just
interested in the  new features, but how they can be best used and how they
compare to other programming languages be interested in getting together at my
house EH3 5PZ(near Royal Botanic Garden) on say Sat Jan 5th 2008  from 11am  ?
I can
provide a dual core Athlon-64, with 4Gn RAM with the latest Ubuntu, and by
then hopefully running XP on virtual machines to run Windows Perl 5.10. I'd
connect the system to a multi-media projector and  wireless kbd/mouse that can
be passed around.  It would have a good Internet connection.

Bring your own lunch, cold turkey, or something to microwave or oven heat.
I've got plenty water for tea/coffee.  So
we could call it the "Edinburgh Perl Mongers January picnic".

We'd still have our usual meeting at the Guildford on the 9th, which is why I
suggested the 5th

Feedback please.

--
Andrew