[Edinburgh-pm] Not the Hash:-)

Robert Inder robert at interactive.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 03:27:27 PDT 2007

As some of you know, I'm a member of the croquet club on the Meadows.
And a couple of you have expressed interest in having a game.

So I've provisionally arranged a Perlmongers Croquet Night.

Normally, Wednesday evenings is a club night.  BUT I've asked the
Committee, and they have agreed to me using one of the lawns for
"outsiders" on WEDNESDAY THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER.  This is the normal
September Perlmongers night.

The limiting factor is that it is hard to play at your best once
it gets dark:-)

So to get a reasonable amount of playing time, we'll need to start
"early".  I'd suggest meeting around 6:30.  We'll then have
a couple of hours to get organised and play before adjourning t' pub
soon after dark.  Depending on weather and enthusiasm, we'd be there,
I guess, by 9:30.

Cloisters is very nearby if we didn't want to go as far as the Guildford.

You can get up to eight people playing on one lawn, so we should be
able to accommodate everyone who's likely to come (probably even if
some want to "bring a friend").

I'm by no means an expert, but I know enough to teach people the
rules, and you'll certainly be able to "get going" and actually play
straight away, so it should be fun.

There would be a "Green Fee" of 5 pounds, which would include use of
equipment (i.e. a mallet).  You'll need to wear soft-soled shoes, so
as not to damage the lawn.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP, and as soon as I know
there is enough interest I'll confirm the arrangement with the club...

Robert.

--
Robert Inder      Interactive Information Ltd,          Registered in Scotland
07808 492 213     3, Lauriston Gardens,                  Company no. SC 150689