[Edinburgh-pm] REMINDER: social, wed, guildford arms

Nick Woolley nickwoolley at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 04:00:00 PDT 2006

Hello,

> ps. anyone have any interest in trying to put a mini tech talk evening
> together sometime soon-ish?  Or giving a short talk about something
> perl-ish people may be interested in? Or in just turning up?

Well, I think I can manage to actually turn up. If we're short of
conversation, there's always the sport to watch.

Just to entertain you, I dug this out.

http://noodlefactory.co.uk/~nick/cgi-bin/tourette.pl?http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Unfortunately the BBC broke it by using some crack-fueled javascript URL
rewriting. Looks like some sort of browser compatibility hack?  Anyway,
it works if you disable javascript.

The Reg works (reasonably) nicely, tho:

http://noodlefactory.co.uk/~nick/cgi-bin/tourette.pl?http://www.theregister.co.uk/