[edinburgh-pm] Which Perl module for reading from simple databases?

Eric Robertson eric.robertson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 05:48:29 CDT 2003

David

Here's another suggestion.

I also use DBD::CSV driver along with DBI to access simple CSV files that my
clients have produced but since I can manage quite well with flat databases
on the Web and as my clients often are not able to install extra Perl
modules on the servers they're using I use the DB_File module that is
already installed on modern Perl systems. It links in with the Berkeley DB
database system which again is installed nowadays. You can find more
information about DB_File at http://search.cpan.org/dist/DB_File/DB_File.pm.

HTH
Eric.