[edinburgh-pm] Which Perl module for reading from simple databases?

Andrew McNaughton andrew at scoop.co.nz
Wed Oct 15 11:30:32 CDT 2003

Using mysql is not hard, and well worth learning.  It might however be
awkward on your particular ISPs server if its not already set up.

You might want to consider DBD::CSV.  Basically it uses plain text files
but lets you access them through DBI using a subset of SQL for your
queries, which means you can transfer the system to mysql or some other
databse later if you want to.

Andrew

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           Currently in Boomer Bay, Tasmania
andrew at scoop.co.nz
Mobile: +61 422 753 792     http://staff.scoop.co.nz/andrew/cv.doc