[Dub-pm] Dublin pm meeting Thursday 23rd at 7:30

Dave O Connor doc at redbrick.dcu.ie
Mon Sep 20 09:33:37 CDT 2004

Howdy folks,

Well, it looks like things are coming together for the meeting this thursday.
I'd like to thank Aidan Kehoe and the folks at Phorest for kindly
volunteering a venue.

The first meeting of Dublin.pm will be held in the offices of Phorest, at 69
Middle Abbey street ('Across from penneys, above 'connected' a sportswear
shop'). Just a hort walk from O'Connell street. I'm guessing a lot of folks
prefer a city-centre type venue for this. We'll be hoping to kick off at 7:30
sharp, with adjourning to pub left until probably 8:30 or so (unless
folks there desire otherwise).

Talks confirmed are a talk on Writing Win32 services with perl I'll be doing.
Also, some folks have said they'll give a short trip report from YAPC::Europe,
which was last week in Belfasti (could whoever it was contact me? Brain like a
sieve here). . There'll be some O'Reilly stuff there for
grabbing, and I'm hoping to have some copies of The Perl Review (although
chances are they're not going to be here on time, I only requested them
today).

It'll be a pretty informal meeting, so please do feel free to come along. The
room isn't massive, so come early to get one of the seats :)

Hoping to see exactly the right amount of you there!

Thanks.

    - DoC