[DFW.pm] Meeting Announcement: Dataflow with Uri Guttman

DFW Perl Mongers dfw.perlmongers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:37:56 PDT 2016

This coming Monday night we'll be holding our monthly meeting at the usual
time and place, with a special guest presenter.  *Uri Guttman* will be
talking to us live via google hangouts, to share a specially-prepared talk
on Dataflow.

*PRESENTATION*: Dataflow for fun (and profit!)

A talk for Dallas/Ft. Worth Perl Mongers (shared on google hangouts and
streamed on youtube)

*This talk will be about dataflow, a way to organize and architect your
software which has many advantages. It is an expanded version of the
lightning talk I gave in June at The Perl Conference in Orlando. The
speaker is Uri Guttman, a Perl and dataflow expert who is very active in
the Perl community. He is the author of File::Slurp, Template::Simple and
several other CPAN modules. Uri resides in the Boston area and is looking
for Perl work.*

Prior to the meeting, a link to the livestream will be provided here on the
mailing list.  Bring a laptop and a friend!

*TIME AND PLACE*
Time: 7 pm to 9 pm
Location: Dallas Makerspace
1825 Monetary Ln, Suite 104, Carrollton, TX 75006
Phone: (214) 699-6537

*ONLINE PARTICIPATION*
If you plan to attend online, please install the hangouts app/plugin from
google.com/hangouts — This will allow you to view the live video stream,
but if you'd like to participate interactively, please send your google ID
*in advance* to dfw.perlmongers at gmail.com and we'll add you to the online
classroom.