[DFW.pm] message from meetup.com is bogus, please disregard

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Mon Sep 15 08:36:13 PDT 2014

Hello friends.  Important clarification here---

My humor is morbidly sarcastic and drier than a cup of sand;  I believe
I can be over-dramatic at times regarding my advocacy of Perl;  I
confess I write unreadable regular expressions;  I'm aware I sometimes
interrupt people when I get excited;  I know these things, and I
apologize profusely if I've ever offended anyone...

But let me make clear that despite these shortcomings, /*neither John
nor I have stepped down*/ as the organizers of the DFW Perl Mongers.  I
remain enthusiastically committed to DFW.pm in my current capacity.  So
what happened?  Why this email?

Meetup.com just sent out a bogus "shaming" email saying I stepped down
as our group organizer, inviting someone else to come assume leadership
and _pay_ meetup to do so.  This happened because earler today I
discontinued my meetup membership and ended my monthly payment of meetup
dues, because they are expensive and offer me nothing.    Please
disregard their message.

-- Tommy Butler