[DFW.pm] Hackathon pre-contest leaderboard

Tom Metro tmetro+dfw-pm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 19:54:57 PST 2014

For those of you ultra competitive types, we've set up a pre-contest
leaderboard (score board) so you can see how you score against the
competition. The thought is that if you wait until competition day to
find out how you compared, that feedback will arrive too late for you to
put in further refinements. Knowing where you stand now at least gives
you some time to push the envelope further.

The leaderboard isn't just for speed daemons. It also tracks scores for
memory use, lines of code, and Perl::Critic score. (Details on how you
can measure each of these is in another posting.)

You can view the leaderboard at:
http://dfw.pm.org/

(After you've viewed this once, you may find it necessary to do a
shift-reload to get the latest results. The embedded data from a Google
Spreadsheet tends to stick around in browser caches.)

On the other hand, if you're in the contest purely for the fun of it,
then by all means no need to view or submit scores to the leaderboard.
We don't want to discourage anyone from participating.

Reporting is on the honor system and for the benefit of your fellow
contestants.

How to report your score: post your score in #dfwpm-scores on IRC (that
way other developers in the main room who don't want to be distracted by
the scores won't see them) and Tommy or I will update the leaderboard.

Reporting format should be like:

runtime: 159.134 (seconds and fractional seconds)
memory: 3234123 (bytes)
loc: 256 (lines of code)
critic: 2 (Perl::Critic score)

Omit values if they haven't changed since you last reported scores, or
for attributes you don't plan to compete on.

A different leaderboard will be used on competition day to hold the
results measured by the judges.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro