[DFW.pm] [draft] Hackathon pre-contest leaderboard

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Fri Jan 3 18:07:30 PST 2014

I'd just add that folks should remember that they are posting numbers
for their deduper against the /dedup-more volume.  This is due to
reasons covered in a previous list posting wherein it was discussed that
(unexpectedly) the /dedup volume is very easy to dedup if you've
optimized a little... in just a couple of seconds to be exact.  So in
summary, please submit your scores for runs against /dedup-more.

A call for submissions will come very soon (I'm thinking Monday).  We
can't judge the contest in real time knowing that some of these entries
are going to take a while to run, and knowing that watching progress
bars doesn't make for fun online streaming.  We'd rather use that time
to talk about which few entries turned out to be the fastest and simply
demo only them, giving us enough time allowance at the end of the
meeting for open discussion and recognition of winners in all other
categories.  Please get that code ready!  Time is running out!

Reminder: the reference code is here
<https://github.com/tommybutler/dupfind>, which you are still free to
fork and use as a starting point.

--Tommy Butler

On 01/03/2014 07:45 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> For those of you ultra competitive types, we've set up a pre-contest
> leaderboard (score board) so you can see how you score against the
> competition.
<snip>