[DFW.pm] Software Freedom Day coming on Sep 21

Steve Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Tue Sep 10 12:13:15 PDT 2013

Software Freedom Day is coming up on Saturday, September 21. Dallas
Makerspace is hosting the Dallas portion of this annual, world-wide
event.

We've got a few slots left open in the schedule for more talks, so if
anyone is willing to do a short talk on a Perl related topic, please let
me know!

Here's the official info:

Software Freedom Day at Dallas Makerspace

If you write free software, use free software, or want to learn about
software freedom, come join us for Software Freedom Day. We'll be giving
away swag from the Free Software Foundation, Redhat, Canonical, Creative
Commons, and other groups. We'll have Redhat Fedora GNU/Linux CDs,
Ubuntu GNU/Linux CDs, free software stickers, GPL stickers, anti-DRM
stickers, FSF newsletters, and more. We're planning some short talks
about a range of topics covering how these important freedoms affect
software, hardware, and other creative works. We'll also have talks on
Bitcoin, Civic Hacking, Blender, Libre Office, and other more.

Want to free your computer? Bring it along with you! We'll have experts
on hand who can help you install GNU/Linux on your computer. Take your
pick of the most popular GNU/Linux distros like Ubunutu and Fedora.

More info including a map link and directions can be found on our
website:

http://www.dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2013