[DFW.pm] Is Perl Like Shell Script?

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Sun Oct 27 15:21:36 PDT 2013

So I wrote an irc bot <https://github.com/dfwperl/dfwbot>, tested it out
several times, and put it up on github in all of 2 hours this
afternoon.  It's built on Bot::BasicBot
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Bot::BasicBot>.  Bot::BasicBot is *gasp* built
on POE <https://metacpan.org/pod/POE>.  /*This bot is neat and I think
this would be very fun to extend.*/

I would love play around with this concept together -- to use git/github
to clone, fork, and hack together our own individual bots and try them
out in real time together at the next meeting.  We could make them talk
to each other, do spell checks, wolfram alpha lookups, shorten URLs,
fetch stock performance stats, or any number of things.

What do you think?  Feel free to disagree.

--Tommy Butler