[DFW.pm] Is Perl Like Shell Script?

A.J. Maurin coyo at darkdna.net
Fri Oct 25 12:01:40 PDT 2013

Well BASHing together an IRC bot out of netcat and quick-and-dirty
oneliners of sed and awk are easy for me, because I'm used to it.

Anything beyond a quick one-liner of Perl looks daunting to me.

I dislike using standard libraries. To me, it's learning how to use
other people's code. Reinventing the wheel my butt.