[DFW.pm] Meeting tomorrow night! Perl in Space! The Lacuna Expanse!

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Tue Oct 8 18:06:17 PDT 2013

/*Announcement:*/

    Perl Mongers meeting.  Tomorrow night, same bat time, same bat
    location (meeting details at the bottom).

/*Meeting topic:*/

    Do you like Star Trek, Star Wars, space, astronomy, or science
    fiction?  Think of your favorite thing from that class of
    awesomeness, then add Perl.  What you end up with is The Lacuna
    Expanse, an MMORPG written in Perl, which you can play for free.

    Lacuna Expanse server is open source, as is the web client.  These
    are good times my friends, because right now it is easier than ever
    to play LE and to dev LE.  We're talking about it at tomorrow
    night's meeting.  We'll have a game play demo, talk about how it
    relates to Perl, and for the adventurous we will talk about how to
    hack on its Perl source code at github.

    We look forward to seeing you tomorrow night at 7, my fellow space
    travelers/warriors/captains/Jedi masters/Sith lords/yellow
    shirts/Romulans/Bothans/Sons of Mogh//*PERL HACKERS!*/

/*Meeting info:*/

    This will be followed up with a Google hangout invitation tomorrow
    so you can attend from home (or space) in case you can't make it to
    the meeting.

    Dallas Makerspace building at:
    2995 Ladybird Lane, Dallas, TX
    www.dallasmakerspace.org
    (214)699-6537

--
Tommy Butler and John Fields, DFW Perl Mongers