[DFW.pm] March meeting announcement - Perl gets real tomorrow night!

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Tue Mar 12 15:56:24 PDT 2013

/*It's that awesome time of month again when we gather to share and
learn more about Perl!*/

DFW Perl Mongers meets tomorrow at 7 PM.

      Location Information

2995 Ladybird Lane, Dallas, TX
www.dallasmakerspace.org
(214)699-6537

      Here's what's on the menu...

We're going to be looking at an example Perl daemon that dispatches to
an embedded Catalyst controller.  We're going to talk about the latest
news from the Catalyst project and the neat things we saw developing
around that since the last time we met.

We're going to hack on our collaborative code project with git, and
we're going to watch a demonstration of graphical MySQL table design for
the code database backend and design the tables for the application
together.

And you're going to get a taste for how DBIx::Class fits into the puzzle.

That is a lot of awesomeness to pack into one meeting!

As always, bring a laptop and bring a friend.  If you don't have a
laptop, you can still have fun watching the screen share on the projector.

And finally, if you have something you've done with Perl which you'd
like to share with the group, bring it too and we'll carve out some time
so you can share what you've done and be a contributor as well.  This
type of participation is always welcome and encouraged.  Let me know
ahead of time what you plan to share.

Thanks everyone, and see you there!
    --Tommy Butler