[DFW.pm] Changing colors in a gif using cgi

Jerry Kassebaum kassebaumj at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:28:34 PST 2013

How do I change colors in a gif using cgi or perl? In other words how do I read a file in binary or hex, change some bits or bytes, and write it back?

A very simple file is attached if you want to use it.

My long-term goal is to start with all black, then blacken every color except, say, a00000 to afffff, then everything except, say, 200000 to 2fffff AND  a00000 to afffff, etc., until the user can guess what the picture is.

Jerry Kassebaum