[DFW.pm] DFW.pm mailing list and jobs

Andrew Robertson critter_75075 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 16:28:38 PST 2013

http://lwn.net/1998/0716/ Lists 1998.

    Andy

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G TouchLarry Emmett <LEmmett at efji.com> wrote:I suddenly feel much older than I did a bit ago.

The year showing here is 2000 (http://computer-programming-forum.com/53-perl/b74b1a646f64f07e.htm) which is wrong, it was before that.  The text of the original announcement read as follows:

The first meeting of the Dallas Perl Mongers is on:

  Date:  Wednesday, July 15
  Time:  7:00pm
  Place: Juan's Cantina, southwest corner of Central
         Espressway and Belt Line Rd, Richardson.
When you get there, tell 'em you're with "The Perl Group".
(I really don't want to try to explain to the management
what a "Perl Monger" is.)
Agenda:    7:00  Get there.
           7:10  Order refreshments.
           7:30  Throw security badges into the basket
                 for the drawing.  Whose ever badge you
                 draw, you have to pretend to be that person
                 for the rest of the year.  First one to get
                 promoted wins a free subscription to TPJ.
See ya there.
        Brand