[DFW.pm] Not only was Patrick right, but Vim backs him up...

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Thu Feb 21 15:30:43 PST 2013

That's great, thanks for the tip Matt!

What does your .vimrc look like?  I always like to see what goodies
there are to be found in the .vimrc files of fellow Perl hackers :-D

Mine looks like this:

    :set nocompatible
    :syntax enable
    :set bg=dark
    :set ts=3
    :set sw=3
    :set ic
    :set ai
    :set si
    :set expandtab
    :set modeline
    :set ruler
    :set showmatch
    :set number
    :set nohlsearch
    :autocmd BufWritePre * :%s/\s\+$//e
    :nnoremap <F5> :set invpaste paste?<CR>
    :set pastetoggle=<F5>
    :filetype plugin indent on
    :set foldmethod=syntax
    :let perl_fold = 1
    ":set cursorline << that can get annoying
    ":set cursorcolumn << and that too
    " vim: set ft=vim :

--Tommy Butler