[DFW.pm] Meeting Announcement - Hackathon - Bring Your A Game

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Tue Dec 10 15:29:29 PST 2013

Fellow Perl Mongers,

Tomorrow night at _*7 PM*_ we meet for the month of December.  We will
be holding a hackathon of sorts, a competitive educational event.  The
topic and objective of the competition will be announced at the
beginning of the meeting, which will also be broadcast live in a Google
Hangout which you can join remotely (link and info for the hangout will
be sent to this mailing list about an hour or two before the meeting).
Instructions and assistance will be provided for beginners or anyone
else who needs help.  Participation is not mandatory; you can just watch
or fly wingman for your favorite competitor if you want.

Bring with you:

  * Laptop
  * Friend, colleague, or someone you mentor
  * Google hangouts browser plugin
    <http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/> or mobile app (please
    install it before the meeting)
  * github <https://github.com/> account (please set this up before the
    meeting)
  * SSH client ready to connect to a Linux server (windows users can use
    PuTTY
    <http://the.earth.li/%7Esgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty-0.63-installer.exe>
    for free)
  * filezilla <https://filezilla-project.org/download.php> or your SFTP