[DFW.pm] Take me to your leader

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Sat Oct 27 11:04:24 PDT 2012

I already stepped up off list, as long time Perl Hacker, CPAN author,
PM'mer dating back to 2000, meeting presenter and MC on several
occasions in the past, meeting host, and good friend of Nick.  I'm
working on it, my fellow mongers, getting things set up for a new server
and a renewed push to really make something of our SIG.

I'll be co-chairing it with fellow monger and makerspace champion John
Fields.  Right now it's in planning stages, but I think we'll be setting
up a mojolicious foundation for the new website, open to code
contributions, on one of several servers I run.  I'll set up a git
repository for the codebase for those who should like to contribute.
I'll organize meetings, although I think we should strive for more
central locations to the DFW area.  Meeting in Plano isn't exactly
central by any stretch.  We can move meetings around from location to
location, so long as the meeting place is agreeable to the group.

More news forthcoming.

--
Tommy Butler
$ perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print decode_base64 "dG9tbXlAYnV0bGVyLnNoCg=="'