[DFW.pm] Fwd: Distinguished Speaker Series: Cory Doctorow

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 5 08:57:54 PST 2012

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Rush <jrush at taupro.com> -----

Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:48:41 +0530
From: Jeff Rush <jrush at taupro.com>
To: notify at dfwuug.org, members at dfwuug.org
Subject: Distinguished Speaker Series: Cory Doctorow

Come hear the next speaker in the UT Arlington College of Engineering
Distinguished Speaker Series, Cory Doctorow. Cory Doctorow, Science
Fiction Novelist, Blogger, Technology Activist and Co-editor of
boingboing.net.

"What We Talk About When We Talk About Internet Regulation"

How the copyright wars, the Wikileaks wars, the war on London riots, the
war on terror, the war on pedophiles and the war on drugs could turn the
information society into a dystopian nightmare

(tl;dr: if the Internet is not free, we won't be, either.)

This event takes place in the Lonestar Auditorium.

Dates:

     Monday, February 13, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

There is no charge for this event.  You can read the official notice at:

     http://www.artandseek.org/event.php?id=34132

----- End forwarded message -----