[DFW.pm] Software Freedom Day coming up Sep 17

Steve Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Mon Sep 12 14:46:08 PDT 2011

Software Freedom Day is coming up this Saturday, Sep 17 from 1pm-6pm.
Dallas Makerspace is hosting the Dallas portion of this annual,
world-wide event. Here's the official info:

Software Freedom Day at Dallas Makerspace

If you write free software, use free software, or want to learn about
software freedom, come join us for Software Freedom Day. We'll be giving
away swag from the Free Software Foundation, Redhat, Canonical, Creative
Commons, and other groups. That means we'll have Redhat Fedora GNU/Linux
CDs, Ubuntu GNU/Linux CDs, free software stickers, GPL stickers,
anti-DRM (digital restrictions management) stickers, FSF newsletters,
and more. We're planning some short talks about a range of topics
covering how these important freedoms affect software, hardware, and
other creative works. If you have a short attention span, not to worry!
We'll have 5 minute lightening talks too on lots of freedom-related
topics.

Want to free your computer? Bring it along with you! We'll have experts
on hand who can help you install GNU/Linux on your computer. Take your
pick of the most popular GNU/Linux distros like Ubunutu and Fedora.

More info including map and direction can be found on our website:

http://www.dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2011

Oh, and we've got a couple of slots left open in the schedule for 15-20
minute talks, so if anyone wants to do short talk on a Perl related
topic, please let me know!

-Steve Rainwater