[DFW.pm] Should I take a Perl job?

Steven Novakovich steven_novakovich at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 17:26:06 PDT 2011

I, too, have done quite a bit of Java in the past decade or so.
But I can't stand Java, so I took a gig doing Perl. Am now finishing-up a complete re-write of a legacy Perl application...moved it to object-oriented.
If you like what you're doing, it makes all the difference.
Java programmers are a dime a dozen...if you also can say you've done some major projects using Perl and OOP (and/or a myriad of other languages and environments), you will look more well-rounded regarding your experience.