[DFW.pm] PHP Y2K Programming Problem!!!

Clement Cervenka cjcervenka at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 07:06:35 PDT 2010

Jason,

I do some subteaching with the FWISD, and in the 15
schools, only 1 floating teacher between 3 high school
teachs Java, that being 1 class period per high school
campus.

On the other hand, flash is taught at 6 high school campus
with full time teacher, that being 4 class period per day.
A & B Day Schedule of 1 1/2 hour per class period, totaling
8 class periods.

While subing I surveyed the students and no one has hear
of php, pearl, phyron, cold fusion, linux or open source
software programs, solarius, oracle, windows, apple/mac.

Pretty much they are all interested in gaming design,
an very few in gaming programming, and mostly for
the consoles (xboxs).

Also, I have hear of an lot of out sourcing/off shoring
of projects lately, and I think this has an lot to do with
the lack of students interested in the p's programming
jobs.

Joe