[DCPM] Speaking of Perl

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Fri Jun 18 12:51:11 PDT 2010

On 18/06/2010 20:31, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> So do people still use Perl professionally? Privately? Are new people
> (say at uni) still learning Perl?

I've been pushing Perl and UWE, but there was already a small handful of
students that had found it by themselves. Sadly the vast majority go for
PHP seemly solely on it's reputation of being easy to learn.

I've taught secondard school students Perl is a course I ran for free.
I'm hoping to run some more this year, and that others might take up the
challenge.

Lyle