[DCPM] maypole on debian stable

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 01:09:30 PST 2007

On 15/01/07, Steve Marvell <steve at devon-it.co.uk> wrote:
> > Why wait, I have Etch box at work, not serving stuff, but my
> > desktop/test box. It is still a tad dynamic for operational servers but
> > it is doing the job.
>
> I keep my box parallel with my my clients.

I gave up on that - I don't get to choose my client's boxes half the
time, and I can't be bothered to upgrade rather than update small
virtual machines with only ports 80 and 22 open, so I'm dealing with
fedora (at home), RH9 on one virtual server (due for upgrade in march
hopefully), RHEL on another virtual server and Debian on one client's
cluster and freebsd on yet another.

I have maypole versions 2.10 to 2.12(from SVN) running on various
machines against various versions of mysql and postgres :)

If you want to try Maypole I would suggest grabbing a checkout from
SVN - it's pretty much what 2.12 will be when I release it some time
later this month. I would especially reccomend trying out
Data::FormValidator (Maypole::Model::CDBI::DFV) over CGI::Untaint as
it is the Mutt's nutts.

Cheers,

A.