[DCPM] Social Meet last night - next social in plymouth

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:15:19 PST 2006

Hi all,

Thanks to those who turned up (Clive and Neil, as well as myself and
matt), it was nice to put some faces to names and email addresses.

I quite liked the pub, parking nearby seems better than expected, and
the lack of wifi meant plenty of conversation about a little perl, and
a lot of software patents.

Unfortunately Neil and myself are FFII bores and can rave for hours
about tiny details of rulings or the legislation - feel free to
interrupt or change subject if we get started, as if left to own
devices we become a 2 man mob with pitch forks and torches ready to
march to london and riot.

Anyway - as Totnes is a bit out of the way, Matt suggested having our
next social in Plymouth, which is easy to reach by car (if you can
find a route around fascist speed cameras) and train (if you don't
mind a long walk from the station to the city centre), from both devon
and cornwall.

Any ideas on a nice pub in Plimuff with the usual qualifications of
nice atmosphere, friendly landlord and locals, real ale and food? No
loud music, fights or screaming children.

Cheers,

A.