[DCPM] Technical Meeting after new year?

Matthew Browning matthewbrowning at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 07:39:35 PST 2006

On 12/6/06, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, any interesting subjects?

'Template::Toolkit is better than HTML::Template' (as if it needs saying)
'Declarative Interfaces are teh Nice Interfaces'
'How to do Testing'

> I had some fun with HOP::Lexer, picking up where you left off parsing
> aviation data, found it can be a bit less than helpful when you have a
> series of identical strings that can only told apart by position,
> context and 'knowing it when I see it'.

I know what you mean. It's still a tidy module and I like the way it
makes it trivial to whack business logic into callbacks.  Some
problemos are always going to be tricky.

I've used it again to successfully (where others have failed) produce
yummy summaries out of DB log files with half a million statements in
them.  Easy-peasy and you can pass it on for maintenance without it
coming back.