[DCPM] our website

Simon Waters simon at technocool.net
Sun Jul 31 09:11:35 PDT 2005

Neil Williams wrote:

> That's certainly possible. It's a Debian box running user mode linux. I
> can't promise to look after it myself (as I do DCGLUG) but if, Matthew,
> you are interested in a fully customisable Debian environment with root
> access, apt-get and a total installation of some 5Gb, Simon and I can
> probably help. Your UML would be entirely under your own control.

Each UML needs an IP address - which might be an issue.

But if you just want an account, a virtual server, and maybe mod_perl --
no trouble.

It'll be vanilla Debian stable, Apache2, if it is in my UML, but that
isn't too restrictive.

Although I noticed a lot of the Perl hosting stuff says rebuild all
sorts of stuff from source with odd options - really not my way of
admining boxes (if it is avoidable).