[DCPM] our website

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 05:34:00 PDT 2005

On 7/31/05, Steve Marvell <steve at devon-it.co.uk> wrote:
> Matthew Browning wrote:
>
> > - I did a site in 2000 or 2001 with book reviews on it and other
> > stuff.  It was not very interesting; nobody ever looked at it.
>
> I thought it was was great and you did a great job.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > - Lacked time and motivation to further pursue the matter.
>
> I hear that. I don't blame you.
>
> > I gather the problem is that Steve gets sent a certain amount of
> > goodies from ORA et al subject to the condition that we put up a bunch
> > of reviews on the site and, of course, there's nowt there.  O well,
> > easily fixed I reckon.
>
> One of the problems is that we can't do book reviews unless we publish
> the reviews.

There is also information we can show such as - local jobs (there was
a unix/perl job at the Met Office recently), local success stories and
possibly stuff like tips, tricks, scripts, etc - not full on cpan or
perlmonks but simple submissions. Also list archives and useful links
are pretty much de rigeur for any user group along with upcoming
events (both local and national/european)

cheers,

A.