[DCPM] our website

Matthew Browning matthewbrowning at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:44:34 PDT 2005

> > Sounds fab. What I need is the old ftp details.
>
> Cool. Don't look at me - I only got around to subscribing fairly recently.

This is something to do with me.  Here is a history of the DCPM web site:

- I did a site in 2000 or 2001 with book reviews on it and other
stuff.  It was not very interesting; nobody ever looked at it.
- After about a year, the pm.org administrators evidently did some
sort of reshuffle and access to the MySQL database (containing the
fairly minimal content) was removed.
- Probably about a year after that, Christmas 2003 according to my
records, I noticed this and quickly produced the page that is up there
right now, using my 733T markup skillz.  I omitted to include Steve's
three book reviews, which he had supplied as HTML files.
- Later still, they moved the hosting to another machine that does not
allow FTP access.  There's an FAQ about it here:
http://groups.pm.org/faq.html.
- Lacked time and motivation to further pursue the matter.

I'm happy to help in any way in the resurrection of this resource, if
required.  Frankly, I'm pushed to think of anything to put there that
the handful of list subscribers don't already know about, though.

I gather the problem is that Steve gets sent a certain amount of
goodies from ORA et al subject to the condition that we put up a bunch
of reviews on the site and, of course, there's nowt there.  O well,
easily fixed I reckon.