[DCPM] [customerservice@osoft.com: Service Announcement - Perl Documentation approved for ThoutReader format on Perl.com]

Steve Marvell steve at devon-it.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 05:36:00 PDT 2005

I've installed it and it's slow. I think I get on better with perldoc
and /usr/share/doc

Steve

----- Forwarded message from customerservice at osoft.com -----

To: steve at fysh.org
Subject: Service Announcement  -  Perl Documentation approved for ThoutReader format on Perl.com
From: customerservice at osoft.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:48:42 -0700
	autolearn=no version=3.0.3

Dear Perl Monger,

We wanted to let you know that the official Perl documentation is now
available from perl.com (http://www.perl.com/pub/q/documentation) in the
ThoutReader format.

The ThoutReader is an open source documentation platform that allows you to
organize, search, bookmark, append (public & private notes), and print your
favorite library of reference documentation and code as well as reference
books - from one program, in one format, at the same time - even off-line
and on the go.

The Perl package in the ThoutReader format includes ALL of the core
documentation modules found at http://www.perl.com/pub/q/documentation in
ONE searchable package. It also supports the use of public notes.

You can check this format out from either www.perl.com or www.osoft.com. It
is absolutely free. Documentation and other resources in the ThoutReader
format are also available for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, BSD, Python, Samba,
and many others.

Thank you for supporting our open source project. Please pass this message
on to other members of your Monger group.

OSoft Development Team
www.osoft.com

Note: This is a one time service announcement concerning the availability of
Perl documentation in the ThoutReader format. It will not be repeated. Any
further announcements will be made through community websites and industry
meetings. Thank you for supporting our open source project.

----- End forwarded message -----