DCPM: image scaling

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 16:09:13 CST 2003

Steve Marvell wrote:

> So, what are people using for image scaling these days?
>
> I've been using GD, but it seems a bit overkill.

I try not to, but the company I work for now has a load of libraries
that do lots of funky image manipulation which they inherited from their
days of doing image manipulation software. Indeed one of the guys in the
Office still writes graphics software fulltime.

So I guess I do it by asking the guys who sit behind me nicely ;)

How do you do it in GD with Perl by the way? I'm curious as I had to
install the latest version to get the Perl graphics stuff working on
Redhat 9, be interested to compare it to te stuff at work if I get an
idle moment.

 Simon