DCPM: perl bounced

Steve Marvell steve at fysh.org
Tue May 21 10:00:57 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:39:54PM +0100, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

> I would take alook at it now, but leant it to a friend, along with
> "Mastering algorihtms in perl" (ORA) which is a great great book and
> makes very fun bedtime reading... it's changed the way i think about
> a lot of complicated problems.

I've been through a lot of algorithms book. Numerical Recipes, Sedwick
- Algorithms, Programming Pearls (sic) and nearly bought The Art of
Computer Programming.

A lot of that sort of stuff was done at Uni. All that grapoh theory
and algorithmic complexity. Certainly, a little Science in the back
pocket will go a long way to helping solve even simple problems in
better ways.

I've just looked at the contents for that book and smiled as I saw
"linked list". Oh, it's been a while.

Just read the sample chapter. Seems very well worded.

I might ahve to have one :)

Damn, more expense.

Steve