DCPM: perl bounced

Steve Marvell steve at fysh.org
Mon May 20 11:14:17 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 05:01:43PM +0100, Steve Marvell wrote:

> > Do you find yo actually use it or end up using man (or perldoc) for speed?

> the only thing i really use man/perldoc for these days is modules docs...

Me too, or perldoc -f for a quick ref to a function.

I tend to buy perl books for technique, rather than reference, these
days. Perl in a Nutshell is cack, as a rule. I understant Programming
Perl 3 has a good explanation of how the regexps are processed, which
is a good thing. Some of the changes I've made to other people's
regexes has made dramatic improvements.

Steve