DCPM: Update

Matthew Browning mb at simplepages.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 29 06:34:41 CDT 2002

Further to previous discussions, it gives me some pleasure to announce
that I have done something about devoncornwall.pm.org.

Site now does some stuff.

Updates:

Markup:

- XHTML 1.1 and CSS2 certified compliance.
- I have bitten the bullet and put it in a big table for Nutscrape users.
- Seriously cut down on the image content.

Pictures:

- Used the GIMP to do a cleaner header which blends into style for title
bar.

Features:

- Click on `Add Content' for a bunch of stuff list members can add:

	- `News' ticks by the front page in reverse order.
	- `User details' go in your own user details.
	- `Links' are randomly displayed in the Links box.
	- `Reviews' go into the review section.

I have not done `Comments' or `Tutorials' yet.

Note:

To enter stuff requires a username and password.  Your user name is your
own first name.  Password FOR NOW is `password' - I will obviously
change this if we actually use it.

It is in Perl, yeah.  I was drunk when I did a lot of it but I can't
wait so tidying up comes later ;)

Caveats:

1. It is valid markup only insofar as no one enters any invalid markup -
I can't help that!

2. It is displaying the URL as opposed to the title of Steve's review
not because it is broken but because I am unable to follow my own
instructions!

3. If you cannot log in, it is because I have never heard of you.
Message me and I will set you up.  There is also an `Anonymous' account
for testing purposes - I can forward the password for that to interested
parties if necessary.

So:

I invite readers to input some crap in the `News' section or in their
own personal details and feedback to me - new features that are required
I will do as time allows.

...and here is the URL:

http://www.matthewbrowning.uklinux.net/

Thanks very much,