[Detroit-pm] Parking availability App and MUG.org

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Sat Jun 6 14:23:44 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

a few months ago, there was a story circulating about how Fred Posner
and Ed Vielmetti created an application using Perl, asterisk and a few
other technologies to provide information about parking spot
availability in Ann Arbor.

Fred and Ed will be talking at the next MUG meeting, coming up this
Tuesday, June 9th at 6:30pm at the Farmington Community Library on
12-mile road in Farmington Hills.

I'm mentioning this here, on the detroit-pm list because 1) They're
using Perl in their project and 2) because I've mentioned the MUG
(Michigan User Group) a few times at previous perlmonger meetings.

If you've been thinking about attending one of the MUG meetings, this
should be a great one.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org