[Detroit-pm] Detroit Perl Mongers Meeting, Tuesday June 17th, 7pm

Todd Chapman Todd.Chapman at eprize.com
Thu Jun 12 10:07:38 PDT 2008

The next meeting of the Detroit Perl Mongers / Dynamic Languages group
will be at 7pm on June 17th 2008.

This month Kevin Snyder will be presenting a Perl Program for Indexing
Tags from Web Photo/Video Album file."

Problem:   Directory only browsing often misses items that have common
themes that span multiple directories
Solution:  Create program to parse the existing files/directory
structure to automatically create web pages that add option to browse by
themes (tags) - this lets viewers see at a glance the entire list of
themes instead of discovery by lucky guessing through search function or
by brute force navigation of all directories.

The meeting location is One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. The
meeting starts at 7pm with food provided by ePrize. Please RSVP to
chad.carr at eprize.com so we can be sure to order enough food for
everyone.

(I won't be at the meeting because I'll be attending YAPC. Anyone else
going to YAPC?)

Todd Chapman
todd.chapman at eprize.com
Software Engineer