[Detroit-pm] Looking for example of sniffing a network port in perl...

Bill Hess bhess at techrg.com
Mon Jul 14 15:04:11 PDT 2008

Hi All - I am looking for an example of watching a single network port
and processing all of the info on it until I see a the messages I am
looking for - so this is a very simple version of Ethereal/WireShark -
and I have to run it on Windows...   I am trying to stay away from using
anything based on Pcap/Winpcap like WireShark, since I do not have the
liberty to install anything else on the system - any ideas?

The port I am interested in is typically called GIOP which is used for
CORBA client/server communication - but I assume the example would be
able to be demonstrated using telnet, http, etc...  I will be running
the code on the client side of the CORBA connection...

Thanks in advance...

Bill Hess
Technology Resource Group

Office:  248.546.6900 x12