[Detroit-pm] problem installing XML::Parser (fwd)

Adriano Ferreira a.r.ferreira at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 16:54:46 PDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Ron Wilson <rlw at hamjudo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have been trying to install XML::Parser, but I keep getting file not found
>  for Expat.h when either cpan or make tries to compile Expat.c

I think that's because XML::Parser has an external (not CPAN-)
dependency on libexpat (whose package will bring together the missing
header file). Many CPAN build scripts do a poor job detecting that
external requirements are missing and producing comprehensible
messages on these situations.

If that is the case, installing libexpat via apt-get itself should be
enough for the build to proceed next time.

Cheers,
Adriano Ferreira